Our Ranking of the Brands
This list consists of 8 brands.
- 1 Apple iPhone Apple phones are branded as iPhone and are the most popular mobile phones according to our metrics. Apple is an American brand but the phone manufacturing is outsourced to Asia. These phones don’t use the same operating system as most other brands, so you can’t take apps and other things with you from your iPhone to another brand. Most phones use the Android operating system while Apple uses its own called iOS. Apple is a premium brand and the mobile phones prices reflect that. Google Search Popularity: 100% Instagram Popularity: 26.9m Price Range: $45 – $2.590 Sponsored: Online Shopping Links Newegg Official Store
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Samsung phones are branded as Galaxy. These are the second most popular mobile phones as I write this. Samsung is a very popular South Korean brand for a wide range of electronics. This is Apple’s fiercest mobile phone competitor. Samsung Galaxy is also a premium phone brand and is known for its high-end devices, while also offering affordable phones as well. It doesn’t look like they focus much on Instagram as they have way less follers than Apple. Google Search Popularity: 78% Instagram Popularity: 637k Price Range: $39 – $2.770 Sponsored: Online Shopping Links Newegg
- 3 Huawei Huawei is a bit of a controversial Chinese brand after the US banned parts of its 5G business from its country. Huawei phones are hugely popular though and the top model is the most expensive one in this list, costing over $3,800. You can buy these Huawei phones online at Newegg in the US. Google Search Popularity: 14% Instagram Popularity: 1.8m Price Range: $235 – $3.810 Sponsored: Online Shopping Links Newegg Official Store
- 4 OnePlus OnePlus is another top Chinese mobile phone brand. It has one of the most popular Instagram account out of any of the brands in this list. Its search popularity is a bit lacking though. Google Search Popularity: 5% Instagram Popularity: 3.6m Price Range: $168 – $2.080 Sponsored: Online Shopping Links Newegg Official Store
- 5 Sony Xperia Sony is one of the most popular brands overall. They are maybe most famous for the PlayStation which is their creation. Its mobile phones are also popular though. These are called Xperia and use the Android operating system. Google Search Popularity: 14% Instagram Popularity: 339k Price Range: $230 – $3.440 Sponsored: Online Shopping Links Newegg Official Store
- 6 Google Pixel The Google phones are called Pixel. We measured the search volume for “Google Pixel” as probably close to 99% of the people searching for just “Google” want to find the search engine. This was a bit of a dilemma as some of the other brands in this list also makes other things than mobile phones that people are looking for when searching. Anyways, Google mobile phones are called Pixel and they are pretty popular and come in different variants. You can purchase these phones online at, for instance, Newegg and the official online store. Google Search Popularity: 2% Instagram Popularity: 758k Price Range: $84 – $1.410 Sponsored: Online Shopping Links Newegg Official Store
- 7 Nokia Nokia once was one top mobile phone brands. But that all changed when it was slow to switch to make smartphones. Today, this brand is not very popular, but it one of the few brands to also make old school mobile phones with a keybord, in addition to smartphones. Some of the old school phones at Newegg are really expensive. I don’t know why. Google Search Popularity: 5% Instagram Popularity: 635k Price Range: $30 – $4.200 Sponsored: Online Shopping Links Newegg
- 8 Motorola Motorola is one of the original mobile phone brands. After losing money from 2007 to 2009 the company was split and aquired. Today Motorola Mobile is owned by the Chinese giant, Lenovo. The modern Motorola phones uses the Android operating system and Google Search Popularity: 5% Instagram Popularity: 341k Price Range: $70 – $1.360 Sponsored: Online Shopping Links Newegg
About This List
We have used Google Trends to measure search popularity and we’ve gotten the Instagram follower count straight from Instagram itself.
The popularity measures (green meters) are all relative to each other. This means that there will always be one brand in the list that have 100% search popularity and 100% Instagram popularity. The lesser popular brands will have a percentage of that.
Keep in mind that one exponentially more popular brand can make other really popular brands look like they are not. They still are – just not in comparison with that one.
The price meters are also relative. All meters start from 0 on the left-hand side.