Our Ranking of the Brands
This list consists of 9 brands.
- 1 Dior Dior is a top French luxury fashion house. It is just a tad bit more popular in search than Chanel. Dior has a huge following on social media as well, but not quite as big as that of Chanel. Google Search Popularity: 100% Instagram Popularity: 38.3m Price Range: $23 – $245 Sponsored: Online Shopping Links Nordstrom Official Store
- 2 Chanel Chanel is a French luxury fashion house famous for its fashion clothing, handbags, shoes, jewelry, watches, makeup, and more. Google Search Popularity: 96% Instagram Popularity: 47.4m Price Range: $28 – $270 Sponsored: Online Shopping Links Nordstrom Official Store
- 3 L’Oreal Paris L’Oreal is one of the best makeup brands according to its popularity. It is known for its pretty low prices and the slogan “Because You’re Worth It”. You’ll find a good selection of L’Oreal makeup at the official online store. Google Search Popularity: 53% Instagram Popularity: 9.4m Price Range: $5 – $28 Sponsored: Online Shopping Links Target Official Store
- 4 Maybelline Maybelline is one of the best makeup brands according to its popularity in search and in social media. The brand is very affordable and offers a wide range of makeup. Google Search Popularity: 24% Instagram Popularity: 11.1m Price Range: $3 – $14 Sponsored: Online Shopping Links Target Official Store
- 5 The Body Shop The Body Shop is a very popular brand. It is the fourth largest beauty company in the world with 40,000 employees in over 100 countries. The Body Shop believes in sustainable and ethical business practices and aims to be a driving force for social change in the beauty industry. Google Search Popularity: 26% Instagram Popularity: 2.3m Price Range: $4 – $25 Sponsored: Online Shopping Links Official Store
- 6 Saint Laurent Saint Laurent is also known as YSL and Yves Saint Laurent. This is an expensive luxury brand. Its search popularity might be look lower than it actually is because people are searching for different variant of how to spell this brand name. You cannot buy makeup from this brand at its official online store. At least not at the time of writing this. Google Search Popularity: 21% Instagram Popularity: 9.7m Price Range: $19 – $120 Sponsored: Online Shopping Links Nordstrom
- 7 Clinique Clinique is an American brand for skincare, makeup, fragrances, and toiletries. It is owned by The Estée Lauder Companies. As you can see from the stats below, this is a super-popular brand in search and on Instagram. Google Search Popularity: 69% Instagram Popularity: 3.3m Price Range: $10 – $70 Sponsored: Online Shopping Links Nordstrom
- 8 Lancôme Lancôme is a Frech high-end perfume and cosmetics brand. It is part of the the L’Oréal Luxury Products division. Google Search Popularity: 23% Instagram Popularity: 5.5m Price Range: $7 – $75 Sponsored: Online Shopping Links Nordstrom Official Store
- 9 e.l.f Cosmetics e.l.f Cosmetics has some of the best-selling makeup at the Target online store. The brand is very popular in social media with over 5 million Instagram followers. You’ll find a great selection of its makeup online at Target and the official store. Google Search Popularity: 1% Instagram Popularity: 5.8m Price Range: $2 – $30 Sponsored: Online Shopping Links Target Official Store
About This List
We have used Google Trends to measure search popularity and we’ve gotten the Instagram follower count straight from Instagram itself.
The popularity measures (green meters) are all relative to each other. This means that there will always be one brand in the list that have 100% search popularity and 100% Instagram popularity. The lesser popular brands will have a percentage of that.
Keep in mind that one exponentially more popular brand can make other really popular brands look like they are not. They still are – just not in comparison with that one.
The price meters are also relative. All meters start from 0 on the left-hand side.
The popularity stats were gathered in 2021.