Our Ranking of the Brands
This list consists of 7 brands.
- 1 Fender Fender is a legendary guitar brand that was founded in 1946 by Leo Fender in California, USA. According to the search data, the most popular Fender guitars are the Stratocasers. You can browse close to 8,000 Fender guitars at Guitar Center online. This includes both electric and acoustic guitars. In addition to guitar strings, cables, and more. Google Search Popularity: 92% Instagram Popularity: 3.5m Price Range: $100 – $47.000 Sponsored: Online Shopping Links Guitar Center
- 2 Gibson Gibson is even more popular in search than the number #1 guitar brand, Fender. This is partially due to people searching for the actor Mel Gibson and not these guitars. Anyways, this is truly one of the msot popular guitar brands. The selection at Guitar Center includes about 500 Gibson guitars. Both acoustic and electric ones. The most famous Gibson guitars are probably the Les Paul series, at least according to search data. Google Search Popularity: 100% Instagram Popularity: 2.7m Price Range: $655 – $50.000 Sponsored: Online Shopping Links Guitar Center Official Store
- 3 Ibanez Ibanez is a Japanese guitar brand. This brand is the third most popular guitar brand according to our data. It doesn’t look like they’ve got an offcial online store. Instead you can purchase these guitars at online stores like Guitar Center. Guitar Center features 700 Ibanez guitars. Both electric and acoustic ones. Google Search Popularity: 30% Instagram Popularity: 1m Price Range: $60 – $7.000 Sponsored: Online Shopping Links Guitar Center
- 4 Epiphone Epiphone is an American musical instrument company founded way back in 1873. It started making guitars in 1928. In 1957 the company was purchased by its main rival, Gibson. Epiphone is not quite as popular as the top guitar brands in this list. They make guitars that are more affordable. For instance, the cheapest Les Paul guitar this brand makes is just $159 at Guitar Center. The cheapest Gibson Les Paul guitar at the same store is $1,299. Google Search Popularity: 21% Instagram Popularity: 760k Price Range: $60 – $5.200 Sponsored: Online Shopping Links Guitar Center
- 5 Taylor Guitars Taylor Guitars is an American guitar brand that was founded in 1974. It specializes in acoustic and semi-acoustic guitars. It doesn’t look like Taylor Guitars has an official online store at the time of writing this. Guitar Center has a great selection though with over 400 guitars from this brand. Google Search Popularity: 1% Instagram Popularity: 676k Price Range: $255 – $8.830 Sponsored: Online Shopping Links Guitar Center
- 6 Martin Guitars Martin Guitars is an American guitar brand founded way back in 1833. This brand makes only acoustic guitars. It is a bit hard to decide the popularity of this brand with our data as they don’t seem to have an Instagram account and very few monthly Google searches. This brand does not have an official online store. You will find a good selection of its guitars at Guitar Center. Google Search Popularity: 1% Price Range: $180 – $15.500 Sponsored: Online Shopping Links Guitar Center
- 7 Yamaha Yamaha is a reputable Japanese brand and manfufacturer of a wide range of product. It is, for instance, the world’s largest piano manufacturer. We choose to check search data for ‘Yamaha guitars’ as just searches for ‘Yamaha’ would dwarf all of the other guitar brands in this list. The Instagram follower count is from the brand’s Yamaha Music USA account. You will find over 200 Yamaha guitars at Guitar Center. ~190 of which are acoustic guitars. Google Search Popularity: 1% Instagram Popularity: 163k Price Range: $69 – $10.000 Sponsored: Online Shopping Links Guitar Center
About This List
We have used Google Trends to measure search popularity and we’ve gotten the Instagram follower count straight from Instagram itself.
The popularity measures (green meters) are all relative to each other. This means that there will always be one brand in the list that have 100% search popularity and 100% Instagram popularity. The lesser popular brands will have a percentage of that.
Keep in mind that one exponentially more popular brand can make other really popular brands look like they are not. They still are – just not in comparison with that one.
The price meters are also relative. All meters start from 0 on the left-hand side.