Our Ranking of the Brands
This list consists of 12 brands.
- 1 Rolex Rolex is the world’s most famous high-end watch brand. It is expensive, but it is not the most expensive brand in this list. Rolex watches are super sought-after and some of the models are worth way more in the second-hand market than when they are new. That is because they are more or less impossible to buy new thanks to way more demand than supply. Farfetch is a top online store for luxury fashion. The store features lots of used Rolex watches as well. Link below. Google Search Popularity: 74% Instagram Popularity: 12.2m Price Range: $3.625 – $121.480 Sponsored: Online Shopping Links Farfetch Farfetch Bob’s Watches
- 2 Omega Omega is the brand that comes closest to Rolex in popularity according to our metrics. It actually looks more popular in search, but that is only because people are searching for other things than these watches when typing ‘Omega’ into Google search. Anyways it still a super-popular watch brand. Maybe the second most famous one after Rolex. You can buy pre-owned Omega watches from Bob’s Watches and Farfetch. Both stores have good selections. There are only men’s Omega watches at Farfetch and just 2 for women at Farfetch though. Google Search Popularity: 100% Instagram Popularity: 3.2m Price Range: $1.195 – $71.450 Sponsored: Online Shopping Links Bob’s Watches Jomashop Farfetch
- 3 Cartier Cartier is one of the most exclusive watch brands in the world. It has been around for a long time and its watch designs are famous all over the world. You can see form the stats that this brand is one of the top contenders as the best luxury watch brand. The selection is great at Jomashop. Google Search Popularity: 42% Instagram Popularity: 11.2m Price Range: $2.350 – $137.150 Sponsored: Online Shopping Links Jomashop
- 4 Hublot Hublot is another world famous and very expensive watch brand. It was founded in 1980 by the Italian Carlo Crocco. The brand is now owned by the Luxury conglomerate LVMH which also owns brands like Louis Vuitton. Google Search Popularity: 8% Instagram Popularity: 5.3m Price Range: $2.050 – $450.000 Sponsored: Online Shopping Links Jomashop Official Store
- 5 Patek Philippe Patek Philippe is one of the most respected high-end watch brands. Their most famous model is called Nautilus and comes in many variations. Our screenshot shows the all blinged out version. Google Search Popularity: 7% Instagram Popularity: 1.3m Price Range: $6.250 – $816.500 Sponsored: Online Shopping Links Jomashop
- 6 Audemars Piguet Audemars Piguet sells some of the most wanted expensive watch model called The Royal Oak. There are lots of different variations of the Royal Oak. For instance the all blinged out version in our screenshot. This watch costs over $1.3m. As you can see from our stats, this brand is really popular on Instagram. I think one of the reasons that it is a bit lacking Google searches is that people are also searching for the shorter version of this brand nam, AP, when looking for these watches. Google Search Popularity: 5% Instagram Popularity: 2.5m Price Range: $3.410 – $1.345.100 Sponsored: Online Shopping Links Jomashop
- 7 Richard Mille Richard Mille is one of the most expensive watch brands in the world as I write this. These watches have easily recognizable rectangular-ish designs and rubber bands in all sorts of colors. Google Search Popularity: 5% Instagram Popularity: 1.6m Price Range: $94.000 – $1.200.000 Sponsored: Online Shopping Links Jomashop
- 8 IWC IWC is short for International Watch Company. It is another Swiss luxury watch brand. It was founded in 1868 by the American Florentine Ariosto. The brand is now oned by the Swiss holding-company Richemont Group. Richement Group also owns other prominent watch brands like Jaeger-LeCoultre, Vacheron Constantin, Cartier and more. Google Search Popularity: 6% Instagram Popularity: 1.5m Price Range: $3.500 – $72.500 Sponsored: Online Shopping Links Jomashop Official Store
- 9 Tudor Tudor is in many ways the little brother of Rolex. It was founded in 1926 by the same man who founded Rolex. Tudor watches are cheaper and more available than Rolex watches. This is still an expensive brand though. Make no mistake. Google Search Popularity: 19% Instagram Popularity: 884k Price Range: $1.400 – $14.450 Sponsored: Online Shopping Links Jomashop
- 10 Tag Heuer Tag Heuer is a well-known luxury watch brand. It is not one of the most expensive ones in this list, but it is expensive nevertheless. This brands is now almost fully-owned by the Frech luxury conglomerate LVMH which also owns brands like Louis Vuitton and Hublot. Tag Heuer is one of the few brands in this list that features a fully-functional official online store. Google Search Popularity: 10% Instagram Popularity: 2.6m Price Range: $900 – $11.360 Sponsored: Online Shopping Links Jomashop Official Store
- 11 Breitling Breitling is an expensive swiss watch brand. It was founded in 1884 by Léon Breitling. The Breitling family kept ownership of the brand until 1979 and is now owned by CVC Capital Partners. You will find an amazing selection of Breitling watches at Jomashop. You can also order and pre-order watches from the official online store. Google Search Popularity: 8% Instagram Popularity: 1.4m Price Range: $1.700 – $45.460 Sponsored: Online Shopping Links Jomashop Official Store Official Store
- 12 Zenith Zenith was founded in 1865 by a 22 year-old by the name of Georges Favre-Jacot. The company was bought by LVMH in 1999. LVMH is a french luxury conglomerate that also owns other top watch brands like Hublot and Tag Heuer. Google Search Popularity: 19% Instagram Popularity: 715k Price Range: $2.650 – $48.600 Sponsored: Online Shopping Links Jomashop Official Store
About This List
We have used Google Trends to measure search popularity and we’ve gotten the Instagram follower count straight from Instagram itself.
The popularity measures (green meters) are all relative to each other. This means that there will always be one brand in the list that have 100% search popularity and 100% Instagram popularity. The lesser popular brands will have a percentage of that.
Keep in mind that one exponentially more popular brand can make other really popular brands look like they are not. They still are – just not in comparison with that one.
The price meters are also relative. All meters start from 0 on the left-hand side.