Our Ranking of the Brands
This list consists of 9 brands.
- 1 Chanel Chanel is a French luxury fashion house famous for its fashion clothing, handbags, shoes, jewelry, watches, makeup, and more. Google Search Popularity: 100% Instagram Popularity: 47.4m Price Range: $28 – $270 Sponsored: Online Shopping Links Nordstrom Official Store
- 2 Dior Dior is another top French luxury fashion house. It ties as the most popular high end makeup brand in search. It has a huge following on social media as well, but not quite as big as that of Chanel. Google Search Popularity: 100% Instagram Popularity: 38.3m Price Range: $23 – $245 Sponsored: Online Shopping Links Nordstrom Official Store
- 3 Saint Laurent Saint Laurent is also known as YSL and Yves Saint Laurent. This is an expensive luxury brand. Its search popularity might be look lower than it actually is because people are searching for different variant of how to spell this brand name. You cannot buy makeup from this brand at its official online store. At least not at the time of writing this. Google Search Popularity: 24% Instagram Popularity: 9.7m Price Range: $19 – $120 Sponsored: Online Shopping Links Nordstrom
- 4 Estée Lauder Estée Lauder is an American beauty brand. In addition to makeup, they also make fragrances, skincare, and hair care products. This brand is very popular in both Google search and on Instagram. The Estée Lauder Companies which owns this brand also owns other beauty brands like Clinique, Tom Ford Beauty, Lar Mer, and more. Google Search Popularity: 25% Instagram Popularity: 4.1m Price Range: $10 – $111 Sponsored: Online Shopping Links Nordstrom Official Store
- 5 Charlotte Tilbury Charlotte Tilbury is a popular brand for makeup and skincare. Especially considering that this brand online makes makeup and skincare. You’ll find a huge selection of this brand’s makeup at Nordstrom and of course at its official online store. Google Search Popularity: 8% Instagram Popularity: 4.3m Price Range: $7 – $75 Sponsored: Online Shopping Links Nordstrom Official Store
- 6 Tom Ford The brand Tom Ford was founded by Tom Ford himself in 2005. He is an American fashion designer and filmmaker. Before founding his own brand, he worked with Gucci and Saint Laurent. The brand offers a wide range of makeup products that are available at Nordstrom and the official online store. Google Search Popularity: 20% Instagram Popularity: 10.1m Price Range: $29 – $169 Sponsored: Online Shopping Links Nordstrom Official Store
- 7 Clinique Clinique is an American brand for skincare, makeup, fragrances, and toiletries. It is owned by The Estée Lauder Companies. As you can see from the stats below, this is a super-popular brand in search and on Instagram. Google Search Popularity: 66% Instagram Popularity: 3.3m Price Range: $10 – $70 Sponsored: Online Shopping Links Nordstrom
- 8 Lancôme Lancôme is a Frech high-end perfume and cosmetics brand. It is part of the the L’Oréal Luxury Products division. Google Search Popularity: 21% Instagram Popularity: 5.5m Price Range: $7 – $75 Sponsored: Online Shopping Links Nordstrom Official Store
- 9 Bobbi Brown Cosmetics The Bobbi Brown Cosmetics brand was founded by Bobbi Brown, an American woman. She ten natural-shade lipsticks which according to Entrepreneur “revolutionized the beauty industry”. She has also written nine books on beauty and wellness. The brand is now owned by the The Estée Lauder Companies. Google Search Popularity: 7% Instagram Popularity: 3.8m Price Range: $17 – $115 Sponsored: Online Shopping Links Nordstrom Official Store
About This List
We have used Google Trends to measure search popularity and we’ve gotten the Instagram follower count straight from Instagram itself.
The popularity measures (green meters) are all relative to each other. This means that there will always be one brand in the list that have 100% search popularity and 100% Instagram popularity. The lesser popular brands will have a percentage of that.
Keep in mind that one exponentially more popular brand can make other really popular brands look like they are not. They still are – just not in comparison with that one.
The price meters are also relative. All meters start from 0 on the left-hand side.